National Beehive floor cedar
National Budget Hive Floor
More and more beekeepers are convinced that the use of the Open Mesh floor is beneficial to the colony. Made from cedar (22x 63mm frame) with a galvanised expanded mesh screen.
- Improved over-wintering - adequate ventilation.
- Easy monitoring of mite populations - simply slide in the plastic drawer under the screen when required.
- Escapes easily through the floor - no need for top ventilation which wastes the colony's heat.
- No need for extra screens when moving bees.
- Reduction of varroa populations - mites which fall through the screen do not climb back up.
- Distance below mesh is 40mm.
- Can be left on all year round.
Now including heavy duty correx inserts.