Snow White Beehive Paint 1 x litre
A brilliant white paint that is bright and refreshing. These paints are are low VOC, made in Somerset and importantly are bee friendly. Suitable for both wooden and polystyrene hives. Only paint the hive exterior.
Low maintenance weatherproof coating that contains UV filters to protect colours from fading. Safe and easy to use with virtually no odour and free of solvents. Requires two to three thin coats and is suitable for smooth or rough timber.
• Long-lasting protection
• Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds)
• Low odour
• Water-based with linseed oil – natural renewable resource
• Translucent – allows wood grain to show through
• Rich long-lasting colour
• Water resistant with mould and fungal protection
• Microporous high-build coating
Coverage: 1 Litre will cover approximately 8m²
Apply as below
- Royal is a high-grade wood stain with a paint-like consistency that can be applied by brush, roller or sprayer. Due to the thicker consistency domestic sprayers struggle and easily block up but the product can be applied beautifully when using a low pressure spray gun.
- Two coat application with a 3rd coat increasing the solidity and depth of the colour.
- A 1 litre tin will cover approximately 8m2 depending on moisture content and porosity of the surface. It is recommended that 2 – 3 coats be applied.
- Surfaces should be cleaned with warm water, detergent and a stiff brush. Make sure that all mould or algae is removed and rinse well. Ensure that timber is fully dry. For best results previous treatments should be removed or well weathered. No basecoat or primer required.
- Mix well before and during use. Royal Exterior Superior Wood Finish can be applied by brush, professional low pressure spray gun or roller. Allow each coat to dry for a minimum of 2 hours before applying the next. Further coats should be applied between 2 – 4 hours later or if left longer, sand back lightly before applying the next coat. Maintain every 2 – 5 years or as required.
Splashes and drips can only be cleaned with warm water and detergent whilst still wet.
DO NOT apply in temperatures below 5oC or if wet weather is expected within 48 hours.
DO NOT apply to wet, damp or frozen timber.Touch dry within 2 hours depending on drying conditions and humidity.
Remove excess treatment from the brush or roller and wash with warm water and detergent. Wash nozzle and pipe from sprayer immediately after use with warm water and detergent – do not allow product to dry in sprayer components.
- This product and its container must be disposed of in a safe way. Some local authorities have special facilities for the disposal of waste coatings.
- Do not empty product into drains, watercourses or access to septic tanks.
- Ensure that this container is stored upright and secure during transportation.
- Store in the original or sealed container and do not allow product to freeze. If stored correctly product should last 1-2 years.
- Store out of reach of children and animals.
- Ensure good ventilation during application and drying.
- Unprotected persons and animals should be kept away from coated areas for 48 hours or until surfaces are dry.
- Wear suitable protective clothing (overalls) and synthetic rubber/PVC gloves when using.
- Do not breathe spray mist, or wear suitable respiratory equipment (e.g. disposable mask).
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes. In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and if necessary seek medical advice.
- Avoid contact by mouth; do not swallow.
- Wash splashes from the skin with plenty of water and detergent.
- Wash hands and exposed skin before meals and after use